Rest in God's Grace
Lamentations 3:22-23 -
_______________________________________________
I really hope you take time to read this because I felt it so strong in my heart to share!
The scripture above really resonated with me earlier because I have come to realize, I need to extend grace to myself sometimes. I don’t give myself room to mess up, make mistakes, or simply be human. This overwhelming need to be perfect stems from my fear of being a disappointment to someone. Why? Well, the deeper I dug the more God revealed the fears I have of abandonment. This huge insecurity bleeds over into all my relationships; it effects my marriage, my friendships, and relations with family.
It’s crippling because the moment I feel I disappointed someone, I believe they will leave me. Or it will only take just so many other unflattering moments of mine to send them out the door. I had these fears running through my head earlier but God so gently whispered that scripture to me.
His mercies are new every morning. No matter what I did in my past, yesterday, or in this very moment, tomorrow always brings new beginnings. He will never leave or forsake me, He is so faithful and constant. Disappointing someone does not make you a disapointMENT. That is something I need to write on my forehead, ha! I want that truth seared into my heart and have it written over every lie of the enemy. If you’ve carried that label of being a “disappointment,” for far too long, I’m encouraging you to tear it off and rest in God’s grace. 🌿
Comments
Post a Comment